- To foster an environment where diverse individuals, groups, and views are valued.
- To provide programs and services for lifelong learning that create and enhance opportunities for achieving career and personal goals in a changing society.
- To serve with integrity and accountability as a model of institutional excellence.
- To offer affordable programs and services enhanced by technology in an accessible and safe learning and working environment.
- To be a center for intellectual, economic, cultural, and recreational resources for individuals and communities.
General Educational Goals
The faculty and staff of John A. Logan College are committed to providing students with opportunities to develop learning abilities that will last a lifetime. Graduates will be prepared to succeed in their personal and professional lives because of achieved competence in the following general educational goals:
- To think critically when solving problems, making decisions, and applying scientific inquiry methods.
- To participate in the entire communication process of listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- To develop mathematical reasoning and an ability to apply quantitative methods.
- To achieve physical and mental wellness by learning responsibility, interpersonal skills, and a sense of personal worth.
- To develop an ethical awareness that focuses on the values of integrity, honesty, and personal responsibility.
- To become a responsible member of local, national, and global communities by recognizing the values of diverse histories, economies, and cultures.
- To respond aesthetically to life by engaging in creative and artistic experiences.
- To accomplish workplace readiness by acquiring competencies and technological application skills related to chosen careers.
Board of Trustees
- Jacob “Jake” Rendleman, Chair
- Jaclyn Hancock, Vice-Chair
- Cheryl Graff, Secretary
- Donald L. Brewer
- Michael Hopkins
- William J. Kilquist
- John W. Sanders
- Kayla Malone, Student Trustee
Officers of the College
- Dr. Mike Dreith, President
- Brad McCormick, Vice-President for Business Services
- Tim Daugherty, Vice-President for Administration
- Dr. Deborah Payne, Vice-President for Instructional Services