Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics offers a wide variety of courses, ranging from basic arithmetic to the abstract concepts of higher mathematics. John A. Logan College has a reputation for giving personal attention to its students, for having small classes and for graduating students who are successful at the 4-year institution to which they transfer. In addition to the personal help provided by the faculty, walk-in tutoring is available, as well as other services through the Student Success Center.
- 25-1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Over 200 years combined teaching experience
- Location of the first Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Test
- Dr. Ron Browning Memorial Scholarship given annually
- Outstanding Mathematics Award granted each year since 1994