Referrals to Your Program
When programs are listed on the CCR&R database, and the information provided matches a family's request, their names will be included in the referral provided to assist them in finding a child care and/ or early education program in their community.
To be listed on the CCR&R database a program must meet legal requirements. In addition programs must also:
- Complete an information form and agree to provide updates to CCR&R on a regular basis.
- Provide a copy of the license issued by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) if applicable.
- License-exempt center programs must also provide a copy of written documentation from DCFS indicating the license exempt status
License-exempt family home child care providers must also:
- Agree to care for no more than three children (including their own children under 13 years of age) or one family
- Complete a License-Exempt Self-Certification Form.
- Provide a background clearance for the provider and all other household members over 13 years or older.
- Complete a “Welcome Visit” to their home by CCR&R staff.