Quality Counts Grants
The "Quality Counts" grant program funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) and administered by Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) has been created to improve and expand early care and education services in Illinois for child care centers and family child care homes. Competitive QC Grant Awards 2013.
Quality Counts (QC) Grant funds can be used to purchase:
- Equipment/Materials for Children
- Family Resources
- Facility Improvement
- Professional Resources
- Staff Training
- Program Improvement Consultants to assist in the QRS or Orientation process.
How do Child Care Providers apply?
- All legally operating programs currently listed on the CCR&R referral database are eligible to apply.
- The QC Grant is usually offered annually.
- You can receive a grant application at a Quality Counts Grant Information Session.
- Be sure your child care program is listed on the CCR&R provider database in order to receive QC Grant Information Session announcements by calling 1-800-548-5563.
In Fiscal Year 2013, John A. Logan CCR&R awarded a total of 33 Quality Counts Grants!