Research continues to link the quality of care and education provided to the education and preparation of those who provide the services. CCR&R conducts regular assessments of the training and professional development needs of early childhood professionals in southern Illinois.
CCR&R's annual training plan includes a variety of professional development opportunities that addresses the diverse learning needs of the early childhood professionals in the region.
Information about available opportunities is regularly publicized through this website, in regularly published training calendars and in the Gateways to Opportunity statewide online training calendar.
CCR&R's annual training plan includes the following educational offerings.
CCR&R offers a number of training workshops and training series on a variety of different topics throughout the year. Topics chosen are based on the responses received during the annual training needs assessment and ongoing feedback received from professionals in the region. In addition, per its contract with IDHS, CCR&R is required to schedule and provide the following training workshops each year.
- "What is CCAP?" an overview of the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program
- QRS Orientations – an introduction to the state's Quality Rating System
- Level 1 Credential training modules - a basic "how to" for providing child care
- (ERS) training- an overview of the popular Environmental Rating Scales
- Special Care training - an overview of caring for children with special needs
- Business Administration Scale training (BAS), in collaboration with National Louis University
- Program Administration Scale training (PAS), in collaboration with National Louis University
- Illinois Early Learning Standards training – an overview of the state's early learning standards Childhood Obesity and Healthy Lifestyles
Training workshops vary in length dependent upon topic. Fees may be charged and the cost of training will be included in all promotional and marketing materials. Certificates are provided to all participants who satisfactorily complete the training.
Child Care Resource and Referral provides college credit for several of its professional development offerings.
The following college credit trainings are offered throughout the year. The contact hours count as in-service hours required by DCFS Licensing and college credit hours are also provided. These credit hours are considered to be in the early childhood field, however the credits will not transfer to a college degree.
- Special Care Training
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Early Childhood Developmental Screening
- Program for Infant and Toddler Care, Modules 1-4
The course syllabus for the following trainings has been approved by the Illinois Community College Board and these trainings are offered on a rotating and on demand basis.
- Creative Curriculum for Family Child Care
- Creative Curriculum for Early Childhood
- Creative Curriculum for Infants and Toddlers
- Activities and Resource s for Preschool Children
- Activities and Resources for Infants/Toddlers
- Activities and Resources for School-Age Children
- Media Based Teaching Skills for Early Childhood Professionals
- Foundations of Family Child Care
- Environment Rating Scales
Self-study modules can be a convenient, affordable and effective way for individuals and groups to learn more about the field of early childhood and develop new skills. CCR&R has a number of self-study modules available for check out. At the present time, most of the self studies are in VHS format.
After viewing a video / DVD, the participant must complete an assignment which is then returned to CCR&R staff for review. If the assignment is completed in a satisfactory manner and demonstrates the participant's knowledge of the video topic, a certificate of completion will be provided.
View a complete list of currently available self study modules here:
CCR&R Self Study Modules
Self study modules can be checked out at the CCR&R main office, or can be requested by phone or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If requesting by email, please include a complete mailing address.