- HLC Final Report 2007
- HLC Final Online Degree Report 2007
- Executive Summary
- HLC NCA Overview
- HLC Criteria for Accreditation
- HLC Handbook
- HLC Staff Analysis of Monitoring Response Report (PDF)
- Cover Letter (PDF)
- Monitoring Report Response (PDF)
- John A. Logan College/Higher Learning Commission PowerPoint
- Steering Committee Members
- Steering Committee Minutes
- President’s Survey Memo
- Follow–Up Survey 2009
- Board of Trustees Roles and Responsibilities
- Search & Hiring Policies and Procedures - An External Review by Dr. John Washburn
- Committee Minutes
- Construction Project: A Proposed New Model for Continued Education (PDF)
- Criteria for Accreditation Overview (PDF)
- Minimum Expectations Within the Criteria for Accreditation (PDF)
A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Welcome to John A. Logan College where we care about your college success. It is my hope you will find your experience here empowering…much the way I found a sense of accomplishment many years ago as a community college student.
The faculty and staff look forward to helping you achieve your education goals by providing high quality instruction and excellent student support.
We invite you to visit our campus, located in Carterville, Illinois. The 169-acre campus is very attractive and functional. We work hard to maintain an atmosphere of learning. Facilities and grounds are both safe and clean.
You will find a very diverse student body at JALC with traditional college-age students, transfer students from other college and universities, a large continuing education program, a strong business and industry training program and a solid adult education and literacy project. JALC is proud to offer a mix of online and distance learning classes as well as traditional classroom based delivery systems.
The College provides numerous courses and programs to serve the needs of the people of southern Illinois. We serve a district of 143,000 individuals with high quality, low cost education. The North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Illinois Community College Board, the U.S. Department of Education and other governmental and professional accrediting agencies have found John A. Logan College to be an exemplary institution of higher learning.
The Board of Trustees and I wish you a positive and productive educational experience as you enroll at John A. Logan College.
Please remember—your success is JOB ONE at John A. Logan College.
Dr. Mike Dreith